Our staff members are our most important assets, and we are always keen to hear from talented individuals who believe that they can make a difference. In return we can offer a variety of opportunities for the right candidates to develop their skills and achieve their career aspirations.
Legal Secretary – Divorce & Family Law Department
KBL Solicitors are a well-established Bolton town centre law firm and due to the expansion of our family department, we have an immediate vacancy for an experienced Legal Secretary.
Ideal candidates should be flexible in their approach and will have:
- Previous experience as a legal secretary – you will be working for 1 Partner & 1 Associate Solicitor
- Good working knowledge of family law would be advantageous
- Quick and accurate audio typing skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and also on own initiative
- Good communication skills to liaise with clients, Courts, Counsel and other 3rd parties
- Reception/switchboard experience, or willingness to learn, to cover holidays/sickness absence
Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
25 days holiday per year plus bank & statutory holidays
Start Date: ASAP
Our objective is to provide trainees with stimulating and challenging work. A strong academic background is essential, together with good communication and interpersonal skills.
The two-year training contract is typically divided into 4 seats, approximately 6 months in duration.
In each of your seats you will work closely under the supervision of a partner/associate, meeting clients and becoming involved in all aspects of the department’s work. The allocation of seats is based on the firm’s growth objectives and the fee earning requirements of individual departments, but we also consider your own preferences wherever possible.
We are not currently inviting applications for training contracts, details of our trainee intake programme will be posted here as soon as we have a vacancy.
When and how to apply
If you feel that a career at KBL is right for you, please email your CV and covering letter to our Office Manager, Jackie Thorpe, at firstname.lastname@example.org.