Re-mortgaging is where the owner of a property is changing from one mortgage lender to another. Property owners usually re-mortgage to obtain a better mortgage rate and save money.
If you have decided to re-mortgage your property, a Solicitor will represent your interests in addition to the interests of your lender. It is important to consider whether the Solicitor you have chosen to represent you is on your chosen lenders mortgage panel. If they are not, this can slow the process down as a second Solicitor will need to be appointed.
At KBL, we have a team of skilled property Solicitors and represent lenders daily.
- The first step is for us to receive your mortgage offer. We will then carry out searches, where required.
- We can inform you of any specific requirements of your lender and advise you of the most appropriate route.
- Once completion has taken place, we will conduct all post-completion formalities with the Land Registry and no further action is required from you.
Why choose KBL?
We pride ourselves in our accessibility to our clients and our responsive, friendly and practical approach.
Re-mortgaging can be confusing but with our team of highly-experienced property Solicitors we have the advantage of drawing up on our team’s wide-ranging breadth of experience, making sure matters proceed smoothly.
- Guide you through each stage of the process;
- You will always be advised of any developments in your transaction; and
- The legal position will be explained in a clear and understandable manner.
For a competitive quote speak to our experienced property team today.