KBL offers clients from the education sector truly practical advice, based on in-depth knowledge of the law along with a thorough understanding of the particular needs of schools.
KBL has a dedicated education team, members of
which have the professional experience and expertise to understand the sector's specialist issues and to provide the precise guidance required by a school.
The practice is committed to protecting the interests of the school, not those of the local authority.
Naturally it goes without saying that confidentiality in all matters, at all times, is fundamental to the practice's ethos.
KBL's specialist education team can help and advise schools in many different areas, including:
- Education commercial agreements:
- Contracts with suppliers and parents, data protection, IT and protecting the school brand;
- Human resources and employment law – drafting and reviewing employment contracts/policies;
- Governance and charity status – advising on the powers and potential conflicts, for governors and the implications of the Charities Act 2006;
- Dispute resolution and debt recovery;
- Intellectual property – copyright, trademarks, etc;
- Joint ventures and financing;
- Projects and procurement;
- Property – including leases, boundary issues, purchases and estate management.
Academy Conversion Services for Schools
With a reassuring and no-nonsense approach, KBL
provides specialist support for schools seeking Academy Conversion, and legal advice post conversion for as long as necessary.
If converting to an Academy, the Governing Body will need advice on a number of areas including:
- Human resources and employment law -managing the transfer of employees under TUPE;
- Property - the transfer of land and assets;
- Charitable status - establishing the "Academy Trust" which will be responsible for running the Academy;
- Contracts/agreements – advice on the commercial transfer and funding agreements.
We take particular pride in guiding schools efficiently and professionally through the long and often tortuous legal road
to successful conversion from local authority status to Academy.
The vast knowledge and expertise the practice has gained in exactly this area of legal work is available to all clients from
the education sector.